- Open theGeometrytab, which displays the pre-transform vertices, provides different visualization modes, shows vertex position values, and displays performance metrics for individual pipeline stages.
- In theVisualizationpane, select the erg or the group of ergs you want to analyze. The list of selected ergs appears in theErg Selectorof theGeometrytab, and the geometry of the first erg in the list is displayed in theMesh Viewer. You can click and drag with the mouse to rotate the displayed element in theMesh Viewerto analyze its geometry from all angles.
- From theModedrop-down list, switch between different visualization modes to analyze various geometry aspects:
- Wireframe - inspect a wireframe model.
- Hidden Line - display a wireframe model with hidden occluded lines.
- Solid - fill the faces of each triangle with a color to view the object as a solid model.
- Point Cloud - view vertices as points to identify duplicate vertices. The brighter points indicate a greater density of vertices.
- Strip Coloring - analyze vertex cache reuse. In this mode, the mesh is broken up into randomly colored sets of adjacent triangles that share two vertices. The bigger the set size, the better re-use of the vertex cache you have. A mesh with many small sets may indicate that your application performs more vertex fetch and shader work than necessary.
Product and Performance Information
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804