Identify GPU-CPU Issues with Graphics Trace Analyzer
- Activity on CPU cores, as reported by the kernel. This includes all processes that were executed on the physical/logical cores during trace capture.
- GPU context and context switches.
- CPU frames presented on the timeline.
- Application thread tracks that represent the activity of each thread in time and function calls from these threads. This includes calls to the graphics API, synchronization function calls, events, and tasks annotated by ITT API.
- GPU metric tracks for the selected metrics and metric set.
Capture and Open a Trace
- Run Graphics Monitor on your system.
- In the Graphics Monitor window, specify an application for analysis and chooseTracemode from the launch modes drop-down menu.
- ClickStartto launch the application.The application starts running with the System Analyzer Heads-Up Display (HUD) overlay.
- UseCtrl+Shift+Tto capture a trace. During the capture, all applied overrides are turned off.When the capture is complete, the HUD displays a message with the file name or possible errors, if any.
- Locate the trace in theOpen Filedialog box of the Graphics Monitor Configuration window.
- Alternatively, launch Graphics Trace Analyzer and select your trace from theTrace Capture Thumbnailspane.
Perform Platform Analysis
- Explore GPU usage and analyze a software queue for GPU engines at each moment of time
- Analyze GPU usage per DMA packet on a software queue
- Analyze API calls (draw calls, buffer locks, resource updates, presents)
- Correlate CPU and GPU activity and identify whether your application is GPU or CPU bound
- Explore your application performance for user tasks created with the Intel® ITT API
- Identify GPU and CPU application frame rate and how it depends on vertical synchronization
- Explore the performance of your application over time per selected GPU metrics
Configure Platform Analysis
Run Platform Analysis
In the Graphics Monitor Launcher screen, click the Start button to launch the application and start tracing.
To capture the trace data to a file, choose one of the following methods:
View collected data
To view the collected data:
Identify a GPU-bound Application
- Synchronization between context queues, when a signal from one queue resumes execution of another queue.
- Synchronization between context queue and CPU thread, when either a signal from a context queue resumes a CPU thread or a signal from a CPU thread resumes execution of context queue.