Analyze Applications in the Network Mode
- To analyze application performance on different systems. Intel GPA tools display metrics from one target system at a time.
- To run a heavy application on a remote target but analyze the collected data on more powerful host system. Using system resources by Intel GPA may impact the accuracy of GPU and CPU metrics.
- On your target system, launch the Graphics Monitor and start an application.
- On the host system, launch the Intel GPA tools and connect them to the Graphics Monitor running on the target system as follows:For System Analyzer:
For Graphics Frame Analyzer:
- At the top of theSystem Analyzerwindow, specify the hostname or IP address of the target system.
- Click theSelect Processbutton to choose the application that you have started on the target system.Now you can view real-time application metrics and perform analysis.
- In the Graphics Frame Analyzer window, click theThis PCbutton in the top left corner and enter the IP address of the target system.Optionally, you can also set an alias for the remote system. By default, Graphics Frame Analyzer is connected to the local system.
- Click theSelect Processbutton to choose the application running on the host system.
- If you connect to a target system for the first time, Graphics Monitor asks you to authorize the connection. ClickAccept Onceto allow the connection for the current session only, orAccept Alwaysto add the system IP address to the list of authorized systems.
- Once the systems are connected, proceed with the selected analysis type.The remote system collects metrics and provides access to performance statistics, while the host system is used to manipulate the analysis remotely (choose calls, resources, etc.).
- Keep the Graphics Monitor open on the target system, while you are running the analysis, and do not remove the captured frame/stream from the systems.
- If the target system hibernates, enters power saving mode, or the screen saver starts, you may get incorrect data. To collect accurate measurements, restart Intel GPA tools.