Start a Desktop Application with Graphics Monitor
- Launch the Graphics Monitor by double-clicking the icon in the taskbar notification area.The Graphics Monitor Launcher Screen opens with theDesktop Applicationstab active.
- In theDesktop Applicationstab, select an application for analysis:
- In theApplication Executable with Command Line Argumentsfield in the lower part of the screen, browse to your application or enter the full application path.You can also enter any command-line options required to run your application. If the path to the application contains spaces, put the path in quotation marks.
- If you already analyzed your application with Intel GPA, you can select the application from the list of recently run applications.
- (Optional) In theWorking Directoryfield, type the directory in which the application should run.This is useful for games with a launcher or mission packs located in a different directory than the game files.
- (Optional) In theEnvironment Variablesfield, type environment variables for the application.
- Choose the mode to start the application:
You can configure the Graphics Monitor to capture a specific graphics API. This can be useful, if your application uses more than one API. To do this, enable theExtended Profiling Modestoggle in the Graphics MonitorSettingspane. The mode selector drop-down will feature entries that are specific to different graphics APIs.
- Frameto monitor real-time metrics and capture a frame.
- Streamto capture a sequence of frames until the application is stopped.
- Traceto monitor real-time metrics and capture a trace.
- ClickStartto launch the application with the HUD overlay.You can pressCTRL+F1to toggle between different display modes to view real-time metrics and the available override modes.