About Using Analysis Types
- Analysis types with the narrowest scope minimize the load on the system and the time and resources required to perform the analysis; however, they detect the narrowest set of errors and provide minimal details.
- Analysis types with the widest scope maximize the load on the system and the time and resources required to perform the analysis; however, they detect the widest set of errors and provide context and the maximum amount of detail for those errors.
- When you use preset memory error analysis types, you can choose to detect resource leaks, report still-allocated memory at application exit, and adjust stack frame depth.
- When you use preset threading error analyses types, you can choose to terminate on deadlock and adjust stack frame depth.
About Configuring for Interactive Debugging During
- Enable debugger when problem detected- Allows investigation of every problem detected in an interactive debugging session. Typical usage scenario: You want to investigate the state of the application for every problem detected.
- Select analysis start location with debugger- Delays problem detection until a selected point in the application. Typical usage scenario: You configured the project to limit the application modules for inspection, but you need to narrow analysis focus even further. This option lets you choose an arbitrary location to turn on error detection, allowing faster execution until that point.