Reporting Result Data from the Command Line
- Brief statement of the total number of problems detected during analysis, with a breakdown by problem type. After eachcollectorcollect-withaction, a summary report is generated by default, sent tostdoutand also saved as an XML file in the current working directory.
- Brief statement of the total number of problems detected in the result, with a breakdown by problem state.
- Detailed report of detected problem sets, including their location in the source code, such as the problem type, severity, module and line number.
- Detailed report of all code locations (observations) included in defined problem sets, such as the allocation site, function, module and line number.
Report Process Summary
- Set up thecommand environment.inspxe-cl
- Invoke thecommand with theinspxe-clcollectorcollect-withaction to inspect the application.
- Invoke thecommand with theinspxe-clreportaction to generate a report of detected problems.
Report Process Example
- Add thebin64(orbin32) directory (located in the installation directory) to your PATH environment variable.You can open a terminal and use the following commend to run the script that establishesIntel Inspectorenvironment settings:source <install-dir>/inspxe-vars.shForIntel® oneAPI HPC ToolkitorIntel® oneAPI IoT Toolkitinstallations, the script is namedrather than inspxe-vars.env\vars
- In a command window, inspect themyAppapplication for memory problems and store the result in themyRes007mi2directory in the current working directory:inspxe-cl-collect mi2 -result-dir myRes007mi2 -- myApp
- mi2is the short name for theDetect Memory Problemsanalysis type.
- If you do not supply an absolute pathname for the application, system path environment settings are used to locate it.
- Print tostdouta list of new memory problems found in themyRes007mi2result:inspxe-cl-report problems -result-dir myRes007mi2
$ inspxe-cl -R status -r myRes007mi2
181 problem(s) found 15 Investigated 166 Not investigated Breakdown by state: 13 Confirmed 2 Fixed 166 New