Typical Suppressions Usage Model Using the GUI
- In theTargettab of theProject Propertiesdialog box, setSuppressionstoApply suppressions.
- Do one of the following:
- Collect a new result.
- Open an existing result (collected using theIntel InspectorGUI or command line interface).
- Define a suppression rule based on one or more code locations in a problem. Save the new suppression rule to thedefault.supfile or create a new.supfile in the default suppression directory for the project.Outcome: In theCode LocationsandProblemspanes, theIntel Inspectormarks (strikes through) all result datapotentiallyimpacted by the rules in the file. (It may take some time for all marks to appear. The marks remain in the result even if you close and then reopen the result.)
- Review the marked data to assess the effectiveness and potential reach of the rule. If necessary, delete the rule and start over, or edit the suppression file in a text editor.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as necessary.
- Run a new analysis using theIntel InspectorGUI or command line interface.Outcome: TheIntel Inspectordoes not collect result data impacted by the new suppression rule(s) and the rules in any other files and directories identified in theSuppressionstab of theProject Propertiesdialog box.