- Finalize an un-finalized result.
- Re-finalize a result when the previous finalization did not include all necessary symbol information. Any previously resolved symbol information is discarded, and a new symbol resolution is performed, using symbol information from default locations. If the necessary symbol information is not found, the missing symbol information is retrieved from any specified search directories.
- When analysis is initiated through the GUI, finalization occurs immediately after the result is generated, as the Summary displays in the standalone GUIor Microsoft Visual Studio* IDE.
- When using thecollectandcollect-withactions to initiate analysis on the command line, finalization is performed automatically towards the end of the collection and result generation process, before the Summary is displayed. However, automatic finalization can be suppressed if theno-auto-finalizeoption is used with these actions.
- When thereportaction is used to generate a report from a non-finalized result. For example, when theno-auto-finalizeoption was used when collecting the result on the command line.
- When an unfinalized result is opened in the GUI.
- Theno-auto-finalizeoption was used during collection and you want to specify the search directory with symbol information.
- The result was only partially resolved, and you want to redo symbol resolution using a more complete set of symbol information.
- There was an issue with symbol resolution, possibly because thesearch-diroption did not point to the appropriate directory.
- Unknown symbols and numbers appear when a report is generated from a result, or when a result is viewed in the standalone GUIor Microsoft Visual Studio* IDE. This can happen when incorrect symbol information was used during the original analysis or when finalization did not complete properly.
$ inspxe-cl -collect mi1 -no-auto-finalize -result-dir myRes@@@mi1
$ inspxe-cl -finalize -result-dir myRes000mi1 -search-dir bin:=nonstandardDirA,nonstandardDirB