Testing for Regressions: Other
- Propagates state information from a baseline (older) result to the new result.
- Sets the state in the new result of all problems that do not appear in the baseline result toNew.
- Establish a baseline result using theOptions-State Managementdialog box.
- Run a new analysis.
- When analysis is complete, use theFilterspane to temporarily limit the items displayed in theProblemspane to those with a state ofNew.
- Run a new analysis against a baseline result.For example: The followingcommand collects a new result for theinspxe-clMyAppapplication against adataset1_baselinebaseline result and writes the new result to themyRes002mi3directory in the current working directory.$ inspxe-cl -c mi3 -baseline-result ./dataset1_baseline -r myRes002mi3 -- ./myApp
- When analysis is complete, generate a Status report for the new result to determine if there are any new problems.For example: The followingcommand generates a Status report for theinspxe-clmyRes002mi3result.$ inspxe-cl -report status -result-dir myRes002mi3
- If there are new problems, generate a Problems report containing only the new problems.For example: The followingcommand generates a Problems report of new problems detected in theinspxe-clmyRes002mi3result.$ inspxe-cl -report problems -filter state=new -result-dir myRes002mi3
- By default, theIntel Inspectorestablishes a baseline result from the immediately previous result of the same analysis type.
- You can use a baseline result created with the same analysis type you plan to use for the new analysis or with the widest analysis type available.
- Use one baseline result per data set you plan to test, or one baseline result for your entire application.
- You can also automate thesecommand tool steps.inspxe-cl
- Use the comparison feature to identify a previous result and a new result, and create a temporary result that shows the following state information for each detected problem:
- Result 1orResult 2if the problem appears in only one result
- Bothif the problem appears in both results
- Use theFilterspane to temporarily limit the items displayed in theProblemspane to those that appear in only the new result. For example: IfResult 1is a previous result andResult 2is the new result, filter for problems with a state ofResult 2.
$ inspxe-cl -report summary -result-dir myRes001mi3 -result-dir myRes002mi3