Tutorial for Finding Where to Add Parallelism to C++ Code Using the
- Vectorization Advisoris a vectorization optimization tool that lets you identify high-impact, underoptimized loops, what is blocking vectorization, and where it is safe to force vectorization. It also provides code-specific how-can-I-fix-this-issue recommendations.
- Roofline Analysisvisualizes actual performance against hardware-imposed performance ceilings (rooflines). It provides insights into where the bottlenecks are, which loops are worth optimizing for performance, what are the likely causes of bottlenecks and what should be the next optimization steps.
- Threading Advisoris a fast-track threading design and prototyping tool that lets you analyze, design, tune, and check threading design options without disrupting your normal development.
- Flow Graph Analyzeris a visual prototyping tool that lets you represent and analyze performance for applications that use the Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) flow graph interfaces.
- Intel® System StudioProfessional Edition
- Intel® System StudioUltimate Edition
- Intel® Parallel Studio XEProfessional Edition
- Intel® Parallel Studio XECluster Edition
- Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit(Beta)
About This Tutorial
This tutorial demonstrates an end-to-end workflow you can ultimately apply to your own applications:
After you complete this tutorial, you should be able to:
The concepts and procedures in this tutorial apply regardless of programming language; however, a similar tutorial using a sample application in another programming language may be available at:
These sites also offer tutorials for other Intel products.
In addition, you can find more resources in: