Reference Fan Mounting Block for the Intel® Joule™ Platform
Note: This solution is not recommended for video workloads over 4 watts such as MIPI CSI, RealSense, or video encode.
- Remove any existing hardware from the expansion board mounting locations the fan base will share.
- Align and place the fan mounting base on the expansion board.
- Replace/install mounting hardware to secure the base to the expansion board.
- Position the reference fan so the label is facing the reference heatsink. Then press the fan down into the mounting base until the tabs on the mounting base engage the fan housing.Airflow blows across the heatsink to provide the best cooling efficiency.
- Connect your fan to a power source by one of these methods:
Note: The 5V DC bus is energized whenever the module activates the voltage regulators on the expansion board. You are responsible for ensuring all loads on the Intel® Joule™ expansion board don't exceed the available current.