How to Remove the Intel® Joule™ Compute Module from Expansion Board
- and create the module separation tool. This file is shared under the included Creative Commons Attribution 3.0* (unported) License which is included in the zip file you download..
- Disassemble the platform
- Remove the reference fan mounting block, if attached
- Remove the heatsink and all related components.
- Protect the wireless antenna connections:
- It's recommended to leave the wireless antennas attached to the module to reduce wear on the precision connectors.
- Secure attached antenna to the module and confirm the antenna wires are free to move as needed.
- Insert the small end feature of the removal tool under the corner-edge of the module, between the module and the expansion board as shown while using care to ensue the tool is not resting upon any electronic devices.
- Gently rotate the tool along the round edge, lifting the module from the expansion board until the board to board connectors are fully disengaged.
- Lift the module off the expansion board
Note:The board to board connectors are rated at 30 maximum cycles. Carefully inspect the connectors before reinstalling the module.