Acquire Target OS File to Install
- Putty or some other terminal window display is required to see the image install prompt. An HDMI display will not show the prompt.
- Ensure the bootable device has been configured, the target image copied to the device and the boot order of the development platform is set to the bootable device.
- Boot to the device containing the desired image and watch the progress messages that appear onscreen. EnterYon the host keyboard promptly when asked if you want to install Reference Operating System for IoT onto the development platform's eMMC.Notes:If you allow the question to remain unanswered for 15 seconds or more, the boot process will continue with a live system boot on the boot device, and the boot device's installer functionality will be disabled. You may see a message about your bootable device being "tainted". If this happens, you'll need to rewrite the Reference Operating System for IoT image to your bootable device and repeat the process of booting your development platform again.If your system displays "...waiting for media to initialize..." repeatedly, then remove and reinsert the memory card without rebooting.
- The installation may take 5-10 minutes. When finished, you are prompted to reboot your development platform. Select OK to reboot. You can now remove your bootable device from the development platform.
- The boot process may take up to 5 minutes to finish. When finished, the X-Desktop environment is active.
- The development platform is now booted up with target image installed.