Using a macOS* Host to Create a Bootable Device
- Open a terminal window, then enter the command:diskutil list
- In the output, identify the disk identifier (not the partition) for your boot device. For example, use disk4, not disk4s1.
- To prepare your card for writing, first unmount your boot device by entering the command, whereis the disk identifier you found in the step above:disk#diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk#For example:diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4
- To copy the data to your boot device, enter the command, whereis the name of the Reference Operating System for IoT image file andos-imageis the disk identifier you found in the step above:rdisk#sudo dd bs=1m if=os-imageof=/dev/rdisk#Wait several minutes for the image to copy to your boot device.
- When finished, eject the boot device by entering the command:diskutil eject /dev/disk#
- Now that you have created your boot device, disconnect the device from your computer.