Get Started with Debugging with Intel® System Studio
for Windows* OS
Debugging on a Remote Target System with GDB
- Depending on the target system, there are different gdbserver executables provided. Select an appropriate one under<install-dir>\debugger_<version>\gdb\targets\<target-arch>\<target>\bin\gdbserver, where:
Not all combinations of host/target systems are supported. Refer to the Intel ® Parallel Studio XE release notes for more information.
- <install-dir>is the installation directory. The default one isC:\IntelSWTools\<suitename>.
- <target-arch>defines the architecture of the target system. Possible values areia32,intel64, andQuark.
- <target>is the target system type.
- Ensure that the application to debug is launched.
- Start the gdbserver on the target system by either loading an application to debug or attaching to it:
The expected output for both steps is below:Process program created; pid = ... Listening on port 2000
- Load an application calledmy_applicationby executing the command below:
- Attach to a running application with PIDmy_pidby executing the command below:
- Start GDB on the host.Do not usegdb-ia.exedirectly. Usegdb-ia.batinstead.
- Сonnect to the gdbserver on the target system calledmy_targetand debug the remote applicationmy_remote_application: The port number must match the one specified during launch of gdbserver on the target calledmy_target.Expected output:Remote debugging using my_target:2000Make sure the connection is not blocked by a firewall.Alternatively, you can use the multi-mode, which enables reusing the gdbserver across different debug sessions (it does not terminate):
- Start gdbserver on the target system in multi-mode: Expected output:localhost:2000 Listening on port
- Start GDB on host viagdb-ia.batand connect to the target with the following command: Expected output:my_target:2000 Remote
Training and Documentation
Only available for Linux*/Android* target!Contains descriptions of the GNU* Debugger (GDB) functions and interfaces including Intel-extended features
This document contains the most up-to-date information about the product, including:
Intel® System Studio product page. See this page for support and online documentation.