Managing Memory Allocations
- Compute the size of the required buffer using thefunction (some functions have<function base name>GetSizeGetBufSizeorGetBufferSizein their name instead ofGetSize).
- Set up any buffers needed for initialization. For more information, see the section Setting up Buffers below.
- Initialize the specification or state structure for the operation usingfunction. For more information about the specification and state structures, see the section Specification and State Structures below.<function base name>Init
- Free the buffers need for initialization only (the ones you set up in step 2).
- Set up working buffers for the main operation. For more information, see the section Setting up Buffers below.
- Do the main operation.
- Free the specification or state buffers that you set up in step 3 and the working buffers that you set up in step 5.
Setting up Buffers
Specification and State Structures
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804