Discrete Distribution Generators
Generation method; the specific value is as follows:
Standard method. Currently there is only one method for this distribution generator.
Pointer to the stream state structure
Number of random values to be generated
Left interval bound
Right interval bound
nrandom numbers uniformly distributed over the interval
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804
- Indicates no error, execution is successful.
- streamis aNULLpointer.
- streamis not a valid random stream.
- Callback function for an abstract BRNG returns an invalid number of updated entries in a buffer, that is,< 0or>.nmax
- Callback function for an abstract BRNG returns 0 as the number of updated entries in a buffer.
- Period of the generator has been exceeded.
- Number of retries to generate a random number by using non-deterministic random number generator exceeds threshold.
- ARS-5 random number generator is not supported on the CPU running the application.