VM Data Types, Accuracy Modes, and Performance Tips
- Use VM for vector lengths larger than 40 elements.
- Use the Intel® Compiler for vector lengths less than 40 elements.
- High Accuracy (HA), the default mode
- Low Accuracy (LA), which improves performance by reducing accuracy of the two least significant bits
- Enhanced Performance (EP), which provides better performance at the cost of significantly reduced accuracy. Approximately half of the bits in the mantissa are correct.
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804