Developer Guide for
Math Kernel Library
- BLAS (level 1, 2, and 3) and LAPACK linear algebra routines, offering vector, vector-matrix, and matrix-matrix operations.
- ScaLAPACK distributed processing linear algebra routines, as well as the Basic Linear Algebra Communications Subprograms (BLACS) and the Parallel Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms (PBLAS).
- Intel® MKLPARDISO (a direct sparse solver based on Parallel Direct Sparse Solver PARDISO*), an iterative sparse solver, and supporting sparse BLAS (level 1, 2, and 3) routines for solving sparse systems of equations, as well as a distributed version ofIntel® MKLPARDISO solver provided for use on clusters.
- Fast Fourier transform (FFT) functions in one, two, or three dimensions with support for mixed radices (not limited to sizes that are powers of 2), as well as distributed versions of these functions provided for use on clusters.
- Vector Mathematics (VM) routines for optimized mathematical operations on vectors.
- Vector Statistics (VS) routines, which offer high-performance vectorized random number generators (RNG) for several probability distributions, convolution and correlation routines, and summary statistics functions.
- Data Fitting Library, which provides capabilities for spline-based approximation of functions, derivatives and integrals of functions, and search.
- Extended Eigensolver, a shared memory programming (SMP) version of an eigensolver based on the Feast Eigenvalue Solver.
- Not-a-number (NaN) and other special floating point values
- Large inputs may lead to accumulator overflow
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804