Heterogeneous Support in the Intel Distribution for LINPACK Benchmark
1 number of heterogeneous factors 0 1 2.7 [start_column, stop_column, heterogeneous factor for that range]
- Break the cluster down into multiple homogeneous clusters.
- Make heterogeneous adjustments for performance balancing. For instance, if you have two different sets of nodes where one is three times as powerful as the other, it must do three times the work.
- Figure out the approximate size of the problem (per node) that you can run on each piece.
- Do some homogeneous runs with those problem sizes per node and the final block size needed for the heterogeneous run and find the best parameters.
- Use these parameters for an initial heterogeneous run.
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804