Improving Performance of Your Cluster
- Reboot all nodes.
- Ensure all nodes are in identical conditions and no zombie processes are left running from prior HPL runs. To do this, run single-node Stream and Intel Distribution for LINPACK Benchmark on every node. Ensure results are within 10% of each other (problem size must be large enough depending on memory size and CPU speed). Investigate nodes with low performance for hardware/software problems.
- Check that your cluster interconnects are working. Run a test over the complete cluster using an MPI test for bandwidth and latency, such as one found in the Intel® MPI Benchmarks package.
- Run an Intel Distribution for LINPACK Benchmark on pairs of two or four nodes and ensure results are within 10% of each other. The problem size must be large enough depending on the memory size and CPU speed.
- Run a small problem size over the complete cluster to ensure correctness.
- Increase the problem size and run the real test load.
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804