Parallel Processing Model
Determining How Many Threads to Use
- In a system with a large number of processors, your application will use some but not all of the processors.
- In a system with a small number of processors, your application may force over subscription that results in poor performance.
- The binding region for anomp orderedconstruct is the innermost enclosingomp forloop region.
- The binding region for aomp taskwaitconstruct is the innermost enclosingomp taskregion.
- For all other constructs for which the binding thread set is the current team or the binding task set is the current team tasks, the binding region is the innermost enclosing region.
- For constructs for which the binding task set is the generating task, the binding region is the region of the generating task.
- Aomp parallelconstruct need not be active nor explicit to be a binding region.
- A construct need not be explicit to be a binding region.
- A region never binds to any region outside of the innermost enclosing parallel region.