Interpret Performance Counter Data
Stall, Occupancy, Bandwidth
- Stall percentage equals 0%
- Occupancy percentage equals 100%
- Bandwidth equals the board's bandwidth
- If all LSUs are accessed the same number of times, they have the same occupancy value.
- If work-items cannot enter the pipeline consecutively, bubbles are inserted to the pipeline.
- In loop pipelining, loop-carried dependencies also form bubbles in the pipeline because of bubbles that exist between iterations. For more information about bubbles, refer to Occupancy.
- If an LSU is accessed less frequently than other LSUs, such as the case when an LSU is outside a loop that contains other LSUs, this LSU has a lower occupancy value than the other LSUs. This rule also applies to pipes.