Managing the Computational Environment
- Detect the processor type. To do this, call thegetCpuId()method.
- Enable dispatching for new Intel® Architecture Processors. To do this, call theenableInstructionsSet()method. For example, to select the version for Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors based on Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) with support of AVX512_4FMAPS and AVX512_4VNNIW instruction groups, pass the avx512_mic_e1 parameter to the method.
- Restrict dispatching to the required code path. To do this, call thesetCpuId()method.
- Detect and modify the number of threads used by the oneDAL based application. To do this, call thegetNumberOfThreads()orsetNumberOfThreads()method, respectively.
- Specify the single-threaded of multi-threaded mode for oneDAL on Windows. To do this, call to thesetDynamicLibraryThreadingTypeOnWindows()method.
- Enable thread pinning. To do this, call theenableThreadPinning()method. This method performs binding of the threads that are used to parallelize algorithms of the library to physical processing units for possible performance improvement. Improper use of the method can result in degradation of the application performance depending on the system (machine) topology, application, and operating system. By default, the method is disabled.
Intel’s compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804