- Windows* OS
- This term refers to information that is valid on all supported Windows* operating systems.
- Linux* OS
- This term refers to information that is valid on all supported Linux* operating systems.
- This term refers to information that is valid on Intel®-based systems running the macOS* operating system.
- Routine name shorthand (for example,?ungqrinstead ofcungqr/zungqr).
- Font conventions used for distinction between the text and the code.
Routine Name Shorthand
- Refers to all four data types of the vector-vector?swaproutine:sswap,dswap,cswap, andzswap.
- lowercase courier
- Code examples:a[k+i][j] = matrix[i][j];data types; for example,const float*
- lowercase courier mixed with UpperCase courier
- Function names; for example,vmlSetMode
- lowercase courier italic
- Variables in arguments and parameters description. For example,incx.
- Used as a multiplication symbol in code examples and equations and where required by the programming language syntax.