- (global) The number of rows and columns to be operated on, that is, the order of the distributed matrix sub(A)(.n≥0)
- (local)Pointer into the local memory to an array of local size.lld_a*LOCc(ja+n-1)The arrayacontains then-by-nsymmetric/Hermitian positive definite distributed matrix sub(A) whose scaling factors are to be computed. Only the diagonal elements of sub(A) are referenced.
- (global) The row and column indices in the global matrixAindicating the first row and the first column of the matrix sub(A), respectively.
- (global and local) array of sizedlen_. The array descriptor for the distributed matrixA.
- (local)Arrays of sizesandLOCr(m_a), respectively.LOCc(n_a)If, the arrayinfo= 0contains the row scale factors for sub(sr(ia:ia+n-1)A).sris aligned with the distributed matrixA, and replicated across every process column.sris tied to the distributed matrixA.If, the arrayinfo= 0contains the column scale factors for sub(sc(ja:ja+n-1)A).scis aligned with the distributed matrixA, and replicated down every process row.scis tied to the distributed matrixA.
- (global)If,info= 0scondcontains the ratio of the smallest, withsr[i] ( orsc[j]) to the largestsr[i] ( orsc[j])ia-1≤i<ia+n-1 andja-1≤j<ja+n-1.Ifandscond≥0.1amaxis neither too large nor too small, it is not worth scaling bysr( orsc).
- (global)Absolute value of the largest matrix element. Ifamaxis very close to overflow or very close to underflow, the matrix should be scaled.
- (global)If, the execution is successful.info=0:info< 0If thei-th argument is an array and thej-th entry, indexedhad an illegal value, thenj- 1,info= -(i*100+j); if thei-th argument is a scalar and had an illegal value, theninfo=-i.:info>0Ifinfo=k, thek-th diagonal entry of sub(A) is nonpositive.