- Untrusted Run-Time System (uRTS)– code that executes outside of the Intel(R) SGX enclave environment and performs functions such as:
- Loading and managing an enclave.
- Making calls to an enclave and receiving calls from within an enclave.
- Trusted Run-Time System (tRTS)– code that executes within an Intel(R) SGX enclave environment and performs functions such as:
- Receiving calls into the enclave and making calls outside of an enclave.
- Managing the enclave itself.
- Standard C/C++ libraries and run-time environment.
- Edge Routines– functions that may run outside the enclave (untrusted edge routines) or inside the enclave (trusted edge routines) and serve to bind a call from the application with a function inside the enclave or a call from the enclave with a function in the application.
- 3rd Party Libraries– for the purpose of this document, this is any library that has been tailored to work inside the Intel(R) SGX enclave environment.
“Enclave Call” a call made into an interface function within the enclave
“Out Call” a call made from within the enclave to the outside application
Refers to any code or construct that runs inside an enclave in a “trusted” environment
Trusted Thread Context
The context for a thread running inside the enclave. This is composed of:
Refers to any code or construct that runs in the applications “untrusted” environment (outside of the enclave)