Launching the Debugger
- In the main Eclipse* toolbar, expand the drop-down menu next to thebutton and clickDebug Configurations.Alternatively, in the main Eclipse* menu bar, clickRunand selectDebug Configurations.
- In the newDebug Configurationsdialog box, double-clickon the left. The new debug configuration is created and displayed as a child of the Intel® System Debugger.The path to the debug engine is specified in theDebugger Pathfield.To rename the debug configuration, type in a new name into theNamefield and clickApply.
- If fine grained control of individual threads is required, check theIndependent Thread Run Controlbox.
- You can also filter hardware threads to be displayed.
- Optionally, you can enable logs collection. To do this, go to theDebugger Diagnosticstab and check theEnable Debugger Logsbox. The location of the log file appears under theCreate, manage, and run configurations.
- To start debugging, open the Debug perspective by clicking thebutton on the right corner of the main Eclipse* toolbar.Alternatively, in the main Eclipse* menu bar, clickWindow> Perspective> Open Perspective>.