Instruction Cache Misses
- Application: a test sample based onsqlitedatabase. The application is used as a demo and not available for download.
- Intel VTune Amplifier 2018: General Exploration analysis
- All the Cookbook recipes are scalable and can be applied to Intel VTune Amplifier 2018 and higher. Slight version-specific configuration changes are possible.
- Intel® VTune™ Amplifier has been renamed to Intel® VTune™ Profiler starting with its version for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit (Beta). You can still use a standalone version of the VTune Profiler, or its versions integrated into Intel Parallel Studio XE or Intel System Studio.
- Intel® C++ Compiler
- Operating system: Microsoft* Windows* 7
- CPU: Intel® microarchitecture code named Skylake
Run General Exploration Analysis
- Click theNew Projectbutton on the toolbar and specify a name for the new project, for example:sqlite.
- In theAnalysis Targetwindow, select thelocal hosttarget system type for the host-based analysis.
- Select theLaunch Applicationtarget type and specify an application for analysis on the right.
- Click theChoose Analysisbutton on the right, selectMicroarchitecture Analysis > General Explorationand clickStart.VTune Amplifier launches the application, collects data, finalizes the data collection result resolving symbol information, which is required for successful source analysis.
Identify Hardware Hotspots
Re-compile Your Code with PGO
- Recompile your code with the/Qprof-genoption.
- Run the benchmark.
- Re-compile the code with the/Qprof-useoption.