- ITT API tasks: Analyze performance of particular code regions (tasks) if your target uses the Task API to mark task regions and you enabled theduring the analysis type configurationAnalyze user tasks, events and countersoption
- Platform tasks: Analyze tasks enabled for analysis of Ftrace* events, Atrace* events, Intel Media SDK programs, OpenCL™ kernels, and so on.
Enabling Task Analysis
- Use the ITT Task API to insert calls in your code and define the tasks.
- Click the (standalone GUI)/ (Visual Studio IDE)Configure Analysisbutton on theVTunetoolbar.Profiler
- Choose the analysis type from theHOWpane.
- Select theAnalyze user tasks, events, and countersoption.
- Click theStartbutton to run the analysis.VTunecollects data detecting the marked tasks.Profiler