Limit Data Collection
- Click theConfigure Analysisbutton on theVTunetoolbar.Profiler
- Select a required target system from theWHEREpane and a target type from theWHATpane.
- From theAdvancedsection of theWHATpane, use theLimit collected data bygroup of options and choose any of the following mechanisms:
Limiting data collection to the beginning or end of the target execution reduces the size of the raw data gathered by theVTuneand enables you to quickly start analyzing collection results. If you want to keep the default data size limit but continue collecting data on the next portion of the target execution, run the analysis after a delay using the Start Paused option.Profiler
- Result size from collection start, MB: Set the maximum possible result size (in MB) to collect.VTunewill start collecting data from the beginning of the target execution and suspend data collection when the specified limit for the result size is reached. For unlimited data size, specify 0.Profiler
- Time from collection end, sec: Set the timer enabling the analysis only for the last seconds before the target run or collection is terminated. For example, if you specified 2 seconds as a time limit, theVTunestarts the data collection from the very beginning but saves the collected data only for the last 2 seconds before you terminate the collection.Profiler