Energy Analysis with
- Get a snapshot of energy consumption metrics through theIntel® VTune™user interface.Profiler
- Run a comprehensive analysis using Intel® SoC Watch and view results inIntel® VTune™.Profiler
- On theVTunewelcome screen, clickProfilerConfigure Analysis.
- In theHOWpane, select an analysis type. In this example, we use the Hotspots analysis.
- Customize a copy of the analysis. Click this icon:
- Select options as necessary.
- At the bottom of the analysis type, checkAnalyze power usage.
- ClickStart( ) to run the analysis.
- Install Intel SoC Watch on the host and target.
- Set up scenario for energy analysis and run data collection.
- Import the data intoVTunefor analysis.Profiler
- For 1 minute (-t 60)
- Gather data about how much time the CPU spends in low power states (-f cpu-cstate)
- Include trace data (-m)
- Store the reports in a specified directory location with the specified file name (-o results/test)
- import intoVTune(Profiler-r vtune)
socwatch -t 60 -f cpu-cstate -m -o results/test -r vtune
- Use feature group names as a shorthand for specifying several features (metrics) that should be collected at the same time. For instance,-f syscollects many commonly used metrics, including low power state residency for CPU, GPU, and devices, CPU temperature and frequency, and memory bandwidth.
- Use the--helpoption to discover all of the available metrics that can be collected on the system (found under feature and feature group names) as well as other options for controlling data collection and reporting.
- Copy the import result file (test.pwr) from the target system to the host system.
- Import the file to aVTuneproject:Profiler
- LaunchVTuneGUI on the host system.Profiler
- Open/Create a project.
- Click theImport Resultbutton on the toolbar and browse to thetest.pwrfile.The results are opened in the defaultPlatform Power Analysisviewpoint.