Viewing Instrumentation and Tracing Technology (ITT) API Task Data in
- Click the (standalone GUI)/ (Visual Studio IDE)Configure Analysisbutton on theIntel® VTune™toolbar.ProfilerTheConfigure Analysiswindow opens.
- Set up the analysis target in theWHEREandWHATpanes.
- Select theAnalyze user tasks, events, and counterscheckbox to view the API tasks, counters, and events that you added to your application code.In some cases, theAnalyze user tasks, events, and counterscheckbox is in the expandableDetailssection. To enable the checkbox, use theCopybutton at the top of the tab to create an editable version of the analysis type configuration. For more information, see Custom Analysis .
- Timeline view: Each API type appears differently on the timeline view. In the example below, the code was instrumented with the task API, frame API, event API, and collection control API. Tasks appear as yellow bars on the task thread. Frames appear at the top of the timeline in pink. Events appear on the appropriate thread as a triangle at the event time. Collection control events span the entire timeline. Hover over a task, frame, or event to view the type of API task.
- Grid view: Set theGroupingtoTask Domain / Task Type / Function / Call StackorTask Type / Function / Call Stackto view task data in the grid pane.
- Platform tab: Individual tasks are available in a larger view on thePlatformtab. Hover over a task to get more information.