Run the specified analysis type and collect data into a result.
Run a custom hardware event-based sampling or user-mode sampling and tracing collection using your settings.
Issue a command to a running collect action.
Perform symbol resolution to finalize or re-resolve a result.
Display brief explanations of command line arguments.
Import one or more collection data files/directories.
Generate a specified type of report from an analysis result.
Display version information for the
- If opposing action-options are used on the same command line, the last specified action-option applies.
- An action-option that is redundant or has no meaning in the context of the specified action is ignored.
- Attempted use of an inappropriate action-option which would lead to unexpected behavior returns a usage error.
Get Information on Analysis Options
- VTunecan re-use analysis configuration options set in the GUI version and command line version of such a configuration. You can copy this command line to the clipboard and use it for the command line analysis. To do this, use theProfilerCommand Line...button in theConfigure Analysiswindow. This also works for custom analysis types.
- To get more information on an action, enter:. For example, this command returns help for the-help <vtuneaction>collect-withaction:vtune -help collect-with
- For information on a specific analysis type, enter:or-help collect <vtuneanalysis_type>. For example, this command returns help for the-help collect-with <vtuneanalysis_type>threadinganalysis type:vtune -help collect threading
- For information on a specific report, enter:. For example, this command returns help for the-help report <vtunereport_name>callstacksreport:vtune -help report callstacks