Specify Result Directory from Command Line
- Be sure to specify the result directory when using an action that takes a result as input, especially thefinalizeorimportaction.
- You want to store the result in a different directory than the current working directory.
- The result is assigned a name other than the default. In this case, you would specify the result name when performing thecollectorcollect-withaction, and also when generating a report or performing any other actions that take this result as input.
- To specify the directory path but use the default naming conventions for the directory, just specify the path.
- To specify the name of the result directory, but have the result written to the current working directory, just specify a name for the result directory.
-collect hotspots -result-dir=/home/test/ -- /home/test/myApplicationvtune
-report hotspots -r=/home/test/ -- /home/test/myApplicationvtune