- For the cross-platform standalone user interface of theVTune: Click the menu button and selectProfilerHelp >or click thedocumentation_formatHelpbutton on the product toolbar.
- Windows* only: For theVTuneintegrated into the Visual Studio user interface, selectProfilerIntel VTunefrom theProfilerversion>documentation_formatHelpmenu or click the product icon on the toolbar.
- VTuneis shipped as a standalone version and as part of Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit. Access toProfilerVTunedocumentation may vary depending on the product shipment.Profiler
- You need an internet connection to access allVTunedocumentation formats listed in the menu.Profiler
- Google* Chrome* is the recommended browser to view a downloaded copy of theVTunedocumentation. If you use Microsoft* Internet Explorer* or Microsoft Edge* browser, you may encounter these issues:Profiler
- Internet Explorer 11: No help topics show up when you select them in the TOC pane.Solution:Addhttp://localhostto the list of trusted sites in theTools > Internet Options > Securitytab. You can remove the site when you finish viewing the documentation.
- Microsoft Edge: Help panes are truncated and a proper style sheet is not applied.Solution:Click the Menu <…> and selectOpen with Internet Explorer.
Get Started Guide
Profiler User Guide
- Learn more|F1button |Context Helpbutton provide help for an active dialog box, property page, pane, or window.
- What's This Column: In the grid, right-click a performance metric column and select theWhat's This Columnentry from the context menu to open a help topic for this particular metric. You can also view a lightweight metric description in the pop-up window when hovering over the column name.