- For the cross-platform standalone user interface of theVTune: Click the menu button and selectProfilerHelp >or click thedocumentation_formatHelpbutton on the product toolbar.
- Windows* only:
- For theVTuneintegrated into the Visual Studio user interface: SelectProfilerIntel VTunefrom theProfilerversion>documentation_formatHelpmenu or click the product icon on the toolbar.
- From theStartmenu, selectProgram Files >. For example:Intel_Studio_version> Intel VTuneProfilerversion>documentation_format> Intel VTuneProfilerdocumentation_formatProgram Files > Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 > Intel VTune.2020 > Documentation > Intel VTuneProfilerDocumentationProfiler
- VTune Profiler is shipped as a standalone version and as part of Intel products such as Intel Parallel Studio XE, Intel System Studio, or Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit (Beta). Access to VTune Profiler documentation may vary depending on the product shipment.
- You need an internet connection to access allVTunedocumentation formats listed in the menu.Profiler
- You are recommended to use the Google* Chrome* browser to view a downloaded copy of theVTunedocumentation. If you use Microsoft* Internet Explorer* or Microsoft Edge* browser, you may encounter these known issues:Profiler
- Internet Explorer 11: No help topics show up when you select them in the TOC pane. Solution: addhttp://localhostto the list of trusted sites in theTools > Internet Options > Securitytab. You may remove the site when you finish viewing the documentation.
- Microsoft Edge: Help panes are truncated and a proper style sheet is not applied. Solution: click the Menu <…> and selectOpen with Internet Explorer.
Get Started Guide
- Learn more|F1button |Context Helpbutton provide help for an active dialog box, property page, pane, or window.
- What's This Column: In the grid, right-click a performance metric column and select theWhat's This Columnentry from the context menu to open a help topic for this particular metric. You can also view a lightweight metric description in the pop-up window when hovering over the column name.