Tutorials and Samples
Finding Common Performance Bottlenecks - C++ Sample Code
- Demonstrates: Iterative application optimization withVTune, finding algorithmic and hardware utilization bottlenecksProfiler
- Performance issues: memory access, vectorization
- Analysis used: Performance Snapshot, Hotspots, Memory Access, HPC Performance Characterization, Microarchitecture Exploration
Analyzing an OpenMP* and MPI Application - C++ Sample Code
- Demonstrates: Identifying issues in a hybrid OpenMP and MPI application.
- Analysis/tools used: Application Performance Snapshot (APS), Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector, andVTune's HPC Performance Characterization analysisProfiler
Performance Analysis Cookbook
- Copy the archive file from the installation directory to a writable directory or share on your system.
- Extract the sample from the archive.
- Samples are non-deterministic. Your screens may vary from the screen shots shown throughout these tutorials.
- Samples are designed only to illustrate theVTunefeatures and do not represent best practices for tuning any particular code. Results may vary depending on the nature of the analysis and the code to which it is applied.Profiler