- You can prepare a container with an environment pre-configured with all the tools you need, then develop within that environment.
- You can move that environment to another machine without additional setup.
- You can extend containers with different sets of compilers, profilers, libraries, or other components, as needed.
VTune Profiler and app running in the same container
VTune Profiler in the container and an app outside the container
VTune Profiler outside the container and an app in the container (supported containers: LXC*, Docker, Mesos*, Singularity*)
- The Hotspots (hardware event-based samplingmode) and Microarchitecture Exploration analyses are configured to use driver-less data collection based on the Linux Perf* tool.
- In theProfile Systemmode,VTuneprofilesProfilerallapplications running in the same container or in different containers simultaneously. So, the standard limitation for the system-wide profiling of the managed code is not applicable to Java applications running in the containers.
- The Attach to Process target type for Java apps is supported only with the Java Development Kit (JDK).
- When VTune Profiler and an application are NOT running in the same container, both local and remote target system configurations are available.