1. Install VTune
2. Prepare your target system for analysis
- Configure your Android device for analysis.
- Gain adb access through TCP/IP to an Android device.
- To enable hardware-event-based sampling analysis or Java* analysis, gain root mode adb access to the Android device.Depending on your system configuration, you may not need to gain a root mode access for Hotspots (hardware event-based samplingmode), Microarchitecture Exploration and Custom EBS analysis types.
- To enable hardware-event-based sampling analysis, verify that version compatible pre-installed signed drivers are on the target Android system.
3. Configure and run remote analysis
- Use ITT APIs to control performance data collection by adding basic instrumentation to your application.
- Specify your analysis target and remote system.You may use theAnalyze unplugged deviceoption to exclude the ADB connection and power supply impact on the performance results. In this case, the collection starts as soon as you disconnect the device from the USB cable or a network. The analysis results are transferred to the host when you plug in the device back.
- Choose an analysis type.On Android platforms, theVTunesupports hardware event-based sampling analysis types and Hotspots analysis in theProfileruser-mode samplingmode. Other algorithmic analysis types are not supported.
- Configure the analysis type.
- Run the analysis from the host.