Search Directories for Android* Targets
- By default, theVTunepulls many binaries from the target device.Profiler
- The Kernel[vmlinux]is one file that does not contain symbols on the target device. Typically it is located in[AndroidOSBuildDir]/out/target/product/[your target]/linux/kernel/vmlinux.
- Many operating system binaries with symbols are located in either[AndroidOSBuildDir]/out/target/product/[, oryour target]/symbols[AndroidOSBuildDir]/out/target/product/[.your target]/obj
- Application binaries with symbols are located in[AndroidAppBuildDir]/obj/local/x86.
- Application source files for the C/C++ modules are usually located in[AndroidAppBuildDir]/jni, not in[AndroidAppBuildDir]/src(where the Java *source files are). Some third-party software in Android does not provide binaries with symbols. You must contact the third party to get a version of the binaries with symbols.
- You can see if a binary has symbols by using thefilecommand in Linux and make sure that it saysnot stripped.file MyBinary.ext MyBinary.ext: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped