Profile KVM Kernel and User Space on the KVM System
Guest OS (User App) Profiling Mode
Guest OS (Kernel and User Space) Profiling Mode
- From the host system, open the configuration settings for the virtual machine.
- Select theCPUsorProcessoroption on the left.
- Enterhost-passthroughinto theModelfield to pass through the host CPU features without modifying the guest system.
- ClickApplyto save the changes.
- User-mode sampling limitations:
- Only Hotspots and Threading analyses are supported.
- No system-wide analysis is available.
- Hardware event-based sampling limitations:
- Only Hotspots and limited Microarchitecture Exploration analyses are supported.
- PEBS counters are not virtualized.
- Uncore events are not available.
- KVM modules and host system modules do not show up in the analysis result.
- Data on the guest OS and your application modules show up as locally collected statistics with no[guest]markers.