HOW: Analysis Types
- Use Performance Snapshot to get an overview of issues that affect the performance of an application on your system. The analysis is a good starting point that recommends areas for deeper focus. You also get guidance on other analysis types to consider running next.
- Microarchitecture Exploration (formerly known as General Exploration) is best for identifying the CPU pipeline stage (front-end, back-end, and so on) and hardware units responsible for your hardware bottlenecks.
- Memory Access is best for memory-bound apps to determine which level of the memory hierarchy is impacting your performance by reviewing CPU cache and main memory usage, including possible NUMA issues.
- GPU Offload (preview) is targeted for applications using a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) for rendering, video processing, and computations. It helps you identify whether your application is CPU or GPU bound.
- GPU Compute/Media Hotspots (preview) is targeted for GPU-bound applications and helps analyze GPU kernel execution per code line and identify performance issues caused by memory latency or inefficient kernel algorithms.
- Platform Profiler analysis collects data on a deployed system running a full load over an extended period of time with insights into overall system configuration, performance, and behavior. The collection is run on a command prompt outside ofVTuneand results are viewed in a web browser.Profiler