How do I configure remote data collection using
- (Linux only) Configure password-less SSH access to the target system. Password-less SSH access is required for running a remote analysis becauseVTunewill not prompt for a password once analysis collection begins. For detailed steps, see Configuring SSH Access for Remote Collection.ProfilerVTunewill not automatically install drivers on the remote system unless you connect via SSH as the root user. If you want to run an event-based collection, but do not want to set up password-less SSH access using the root user account, manually install the drivers on the target system. For detailed steps, see Sampling Drivers.Profiler
- LaunchVTuneand open theProfilerConfigure Analysiswindow.
- Select the appropriate target system from theWHEREpane. ForRemote Linux (SSH)targets, specify the username, hostname, and port in theSSH Destinationfield.VTuneconnects to the remote target and installs appropriate collectors and drivers (if root access was provided). This can take a few seconds.Profiler
- Specify a target type in theWHATpane.
- Launch Application: specify the location of the process on the target system.
- Attach to Process: select a process from the list of available processes running on the target system.
- Launch Android Package: select an application and corresponding package (*.apk) available on the target system from the list of available packages.
- Select an analysis type from theHOWpane and clickStartto run the analysis on the remote system.