This white paper introduces updated capabilities of Intel’s HEVC encoder and decoder, as part of the Intel® Media Server Studio for Linux* Professional Edition and Intel® Media SDK for Windows* (2018 R1 versions) for developers to accelerate media transcoding. Through these tools, access easy to use, intelligent capabilities to speed HEVC media processing and improve objective and subjective video quality. You can improve subjective quality, content adaptive partitioning and mode decision, as well as content, human visual system, and persistence based quantization. For further optimizations, other new features in these tools include :
- Support for live encoding in terms of latency and quality
- Improved quality for interlaced video coding
- Support for multiple BRC modes such as CBR, VBR, and AVBR
- Streamlined quality measurement for 1080p 8-bit, and 4K 10-bit coded video based both on PSNR, and MS-SSIM to be closer to subjective basis
- New performance measurements for Intel® Core™ based platforms.
These tools support a wide range of applications, services, ecosystems, and devices.
Download these products to get started.
Intel Media Server Studio for Linux
Professional Edition - Free Trial
Intel Media SDK for Windows
- Free Download