Parallel Universe Magazine - Special Issue, June 2016
- Letter from the Editor: From Hatching to Soaring: Intel® TBB, by James Reinders
James Reinders, an expert on parallel programming, is coauthor of the new Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processor High Performance Programming – Knights Landing Edition (June 2016), and coeditor of the recent High Performance Parallel Programming Pearls Volumes One and Two (2014 and 2015).
- The Genesis and Evolution of Intel® Threading Building Blocks, by Arch D. Robison
A decade after the introduction of Intel Threading Building Blocks, the original architect shares his perspective.
- A Tale of Two High-Performance Libraries, by Vipin Kumar E.K.
How Intel® Math Kernel Library and Intel® Threading Building Blocks work together to improve performance.
- Heterogeneous Programming with Intel® Threading Building Blocks, by Alexei Katranov, Oleg Loginov, and Michael Voss
With new features, Intel® Threading Building Blocks can coordinate the execution of computations across multiple devices.
- Preparing for a Many-Core Future, by Kevin O’Leary, Ben Langmead, John O’Neill, and Alexey Kukanov
Johns Hopkins University adds multicore parallelism to increase performance of its Bowtie 2* application.
- Leading and Following the C++ Standard, by Alexei Katranov
Intel® Threading Building Blocks adheres tightly to the C++ standard where it can—and paves the way for supporting parallelism best.
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks: Toward the Future, by Alexey Kukanov
The architect of Intel® Threading Building Blocks shares thoughts on the opportunities ahead.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.