Sharpen your development skills to create media applications faster.
Tutorials for Intel® Media SDK are available for Windows* and Linux*. They are bundled into separate installation packages.
Step 1: Download the Tutorial Package
Step 2: Install the Package
Note You must have Microsoft Visual Studio* to build the tutorial binaries (the tutorial executable files).
- Set up INTELMEDIASDKROOT and transfer the tutorial package files into it.
- From the tutorial package, select the tutorials.sln solution file. The process for building the tutorial binaries in Visual Studio begins.
- Uncompress the package to a local directory.
- Do one of the following:
- In the root of the directory, use make to build all tutorials.
- Build a single tutorial in each tutorial directory.
The tutorials cover concepts that include encode, decode, video preprocess and post-process, transcode workloads, and advanced uses. Use these materials with relevant code samples for a complete training experience.
|Video Processing and More
Product and Performance Information
Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice.
Notice revision #20110804