NOTE: See the article on "How to find Host ID for Floating licenses".
- Login to the Intel® Software Development Products Registration Center by entering your Login ID and Password in the Registered Users Login section of the web page. You will see a list of all products you have subscribed.
- In Product Subscription Information page, for each product you have subscribed, you will see the product name, component names, link to latest version available for download and posted date of the version available for download. [NOTE: Expired registrations are shown only if you check the "Show Expired Registrations" check box at the top of the page.]
- Click on any of the products subscribed, and you see your product subscription history. This includes serial number and support status with license expiration date. You will also be provided with links to manage the license information and links to renew your subscriptions. [NOTE: Expired serial numbers can be viewed by checking the "Show Expired serial number" check box on the top right corner of this page.]
- Click on the “Manage” link for the serial number you wish to change.
- You will be provided with the license file information page. Click on the "Modify Host Information" link at the bottom of this page.
- Enter the new server/host information and click "Submit". If you have two or three redundant license server systems, please follow the special instructions in step 7 below.
- If you intend to install and configure two or three redundant license host servers, you must specify the host name and host id for each of your license host server systems when you register your floating license(s). Click the box for three redundant host servers, and enter the uniques host name and host id for each one. If you only have two license host server systems, enter a valid system name and host id for another system you do not intend to use as a license host server system, but remember that both of your valid license host server systems must be up and running at all times. All three entries for redundant license host server systems must be unique, so any duplicates will not allow the license to be updated and generated properly. Click Submit when you complete your redundant license host server information entries.
Note: FlexNet licensing does not support two license servers - only one or three. If using three-server redundancy, a least two servers must be up and running at all times or the license server will be "down". Ensure that the servers are on the same network subnet. Also, the second and third servers are only hot spares, so using them to provide local connections is not a valid use.
- If you do not get any errors, then click on "Resend license file to my email". You will receive your new license file via email shortly.
- After you receive your updated .lic license file, you must replace the old license file with the new one on your license host server system(s). If you use a combined license file (see section 4.3 in the Intel FLEXlm* User Guide), you must update your combined license file with the new license information.
- After your new license file or updated combined license file is on your license host server system(s), you must restart your license host server process on the license host server system(s) so your new license file or updated combine license file will be read.