Reference Number : DPD200159046
Version : 2011
- Intel® Parallel Studio 2011
- Intel® Parallel Advisor 2011
- Intel® Parallel Composer 2011
- Intel® Parallel Amplifier 2011
- Intel® Parallel Inspector 2011
Windows OS with non-English Microsoft Visual Studio 2010* only
Problem Description :
On a Windows system with non-English Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, after installing the Intel Parallel Studio 2011, when you access the help documentation from menu "Help -> Intel Parallel Studio 2011 -> Parallel Studio Help -> Composer Help or Amplifier Help or Inspector Help or Advisor Help" within Visual Studio 2010, you will get an error that the local help does not exist.
Resolution Status :
This is a known issue and the work-around is below.
- Open your non-English Visual Studio 2010, select the equivalent menu "Help -> Manage Help Settings"; The "Help Library Manager" dialog will be displayed as below in locale language:
- Select 4th item "Intell content from disk" on the list from above dialog; it will ask you to locate the help media (*.msha file), and you can find the following 7 help media provided by the Intel Parallel Studio 2011:
- [install-dir]\Parallel Studio 2011\Advisor\documentation\msvhelp\en\helpcontentsetup.msha
- [install-dir]\Parallel Studio 2011\Amplifier\documentation\msvhelp\en\helpcontentsetup.msha
- [install-dir]\Parallel Studio 2011\Inspector\documentation\msvhelp\en\helpcontentsetup.msha
- [install-dir]\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer\Documentation\msvhelp\1033\compiler_c\helpcontentsetup.msha
- [install-dir]\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer\Documentation\msvhelp\1033\idb\helpcontentsetup.msha
- [install-dir]\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer\Documentation\msvhelp\1033\ipp\helpcontentsetup.msha
- [install-dir]\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer\Documentation\msvhelp\1033\tbb\helpcontentsetup.msha
Select only one of the help media above, you will see another screen like below:
Scroll the horizontal-bar to the right, under the "Action" column, click "Add", and then click on the "Update" button. This will install the help media with Visual Studio 2010. When the installation is finished, you should be able to access this help documentation from menu "Help -> Intel Parallel Studio 2011...".
- Go-through step #2 again to install all the 7 help media.
- Then you can access the Intel Parallel Studio help within Visual Studio 2010.
[DISCLAIMER: The information on this web site is intended for hardware system manufacturers and software developers. Intel does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or utility of any information on this site. Intel may make changes to the information or the site at any time without notice. Intel makes no commitment to update the information at this site. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "as is" without any express, implied, or statutory warranty of any kind including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Independent companies manufacture the third-party products that are mentioned on this site. Intel is not responsible for the quality or performance of third-party products and makes no representation or warranty regarding such products. The third-party supplier remains solely responsible for the design, manufacture, sale and functionality of its products. Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.]