I came across this offer - and thought it worth passing along...
Students at degree-granting institutions are eligible for free Intel C++ tools (and discounts on Fortran tools.)
Linux, Windows and Mac OS versions available.
These are serious tools to achieving high performance results with C++ programming through optimization, analysis and support for the latest standards. These are interesting in advanced course work, or any time parallel programming is being done. They aren't as interesting for beginning programming unless parallel programming is involved (it should be, it just isn't always).
This includes tools for processors as well as tools for the Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor.
The impressive package of free tools includes:
- Intel® C++ Composer XE, which includes:
- Intel® C++ Compiler (highly optimizing compiler)
- Intel® Math Kernel Library (high performance math library)
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks (C++ tasking model, most popular C++ paralllelism method)
- Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (multimedia primitives library)
- Intel® Advisor XE (modeling proposed methods to parallelize code)
- Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE (non-intrusive performance analysis)
- Intel® Inspector XE (advanced threading and memory debugging)
Click on the website to get the free student licenses and then click on the students tab.
More detailed information (1 year length of license, who is eligible, etc.) are in the FAQ.